Headed out on a vacation? Let the fun begin as soon as you pull out of the driveway. We’ve pulled together some of the most popular time-tested games that have entertained generations, and odds are your kids will love them, too.
1. Barn, Bike, Beetle! In this spotting game, the first person to spot a barn, a bike (your choice if motorcycles do or don’t count) and a Volkswagen Beetle wins. Change the spotting items to work for your surroundings
2. Association. One person says a word and the next person says whatever comes to mind. Continue around the car for as long as you’d like. For example, one player might say “blue,” causing player two to say “water,” leading the next person to say “beach house!” The beauty of the game is that there are no right or wrong answers, and everyone can play.
3. Audiobooks. Choose titles that appeal to all your passengers. If that’s not possible, consider sing-a-long CDs. There are a number of silly song CDs available as well as ones featuring kids singing familiar contemporary and Broadway tunes.
4. Travel Bingo. You’ll need a pencil and a sheet of paper for each player with the name of states randomly marked in rows five across and five down like a bingo card. Each card should be marked differently and can be prepared ahead of time by a family member. Each player has his or her own bingo card to work from and searches for vehicles with the states on their card.
5. The Silent Game. A favorite of parents, this game works best with younger children and should be reserved for times when tension is high. The object here is to see who can remain silent the longest. Establish a landmark goal for the end of the game (such as five exits away or your driveway) so that kids have a reason to hang in and play.
Riders of all ages can play these classic car games with modern twists. Have fun in the road with your children, and you never have to hear the words, “Mom, Dad. I’m bored” ever again!
Link Source: In The Nation
Image Source: Go RVing