Hot chocolate is probably one the most favorite autumn/winter beverages by most people! And although we are no stranger to store-bought hot chocolate mix for a quick and easy treat, it’s easy to create a hot chocolate recipe that was more like a decadent dessert drink.
This Salted Caramel version really fits the bill. It will be quite rich and thick and although some just adore caramel paired with a little sea salt, if you don’t like the sweet and salty combination then just leave the salt in this recipe out.
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (2 Large Servings)
- 16 ounces milk or cream (You can use a combination of 8 ounces milk and 8 ounces cream),
- 4 ounces dark chocolate,
- 4 ounces chocolate caramel (such as Hershey’s version)
- a pinch or two of sea salt.
1. In a sauce pan or small pot heat half (8 ounces) of the milk and 4 ounces chopped dark chocolate and salt until melted.
2. Continue heating and whisk in the remaining milk and 4 ounces chopped chocolate caramel.
3. Continue whisking until the entire mixture is warmed through and smooth in texture.
4. Serve with a little whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Since summer is about to end, we thought that this drink would be perfect! In less than 10 minutes, you have made your very own hot drink that is ready to sip during the upcoming cold seasons. Best shared with friends!
Loved this recipe? Check out The Camp Gal for more.
Image Source: The Camp Gal