Are you an outdoor type of person? Yes? Then maybe camping is your thing. If you haven’t gone camping yet, why not give it a try. There are many camping grounds you can go to that will surely make the experience memorable. From campingtourist.com’s list of 15 must-visit destination, here are the top 5 campgrounds you should check out.
1. Mather Campground – No outdoor camping experience will ever be complete without paying homage to the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona, one of the best and greatest US campground.
Nearby nature destination: Grand Canyon National Park
2. Wawona Campground – Horseback riding, golf, hiking, trekking, skiing and rock climbing are just some of the activities that you can indulge in while staying at the Wawona campground.
Nearby nature destination: Yosemite National Park
3. Bowman Lake Campground – Located at the northern border of Montana, the Glacier National Park is both a national park and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. New campers, however, should be warned because it is one of the most remote US campgrounds within the park.
Nearby nature destination: Glacier National Park
4. Blackwoods Campground – How do you feel about exploring the only national park in New England, which covers more than 47,000 acres of land? This is the exact type of place that you will get to explore by staying at the Blackwoods campground within the Acadia National Park which attracts nearly 3 million visitors per year.
Nearby nature destination: Acadia National Park
5. Moraine Campground – The Rocky Mountain National Park was established in 1915 and it offers five drive-in campgrounds. What makes this particular area unique is that there are about 200 back country campsites all across the park – just keep in mind that there are no hookups for electric, water or sewer systems for your motor homes.
Nearby nature destination: Rocky Mountain National Park