Consider great ways to cook over a campfire with the use of a campfire an opportunity in discovering your hidden cooking skills! There are many options on how to go pro like those in the ever-famous cooking show Master Chef. All you need to do is know your options: tinfoil cooking, direct heat, grilling, and even baking. In this article, we share to you the steps on how to make Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
What you need:
- One large loaf of french bread
- 1/4 cup garlic butter
- 2 cups cooked, sliced onion and pepper
- one sliced onion
- 2 Tbsp butter or oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 500g provolone cheese, sliced
- Aluminum foil
What to do:
- Start by cutting slices into the bread about 1.5 inches apart and not all the way through to the bottom. Butter the insides of each slice.
- Next drop a large spoonful of the pepper mixture into each cut.
- Then layer with roast beef and cheese.
- Top each slice with extra cheese.
- Tip: Spray the inside of the aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray so that the ooey, gooey melty cheese doesn’t all stick to the inside of the packet.
- Wrap the entire loaf in aluminum foil. You may need to use two layers to reach all the way around the sandwich. Place the package near the hot coals of a fire (but not IN the fire). You want to heat the sandwich all the way through so that the cheese all melts. This usually takes thirty minutes for us. Alternately you can put it in a barbecue on low or in the oven to warm the ingredients all the way through.
Isn’t this ah-mazing? Feel free to check the entire recipe from Twin Dragonfly Designs which has a complete package of more amazing images of this awesome camping food. Remember to use a properly insulated cooler and pack foods in waterproof bags or containers to avoid contamination. Use proper food-handling technique. and keep raw food separate from cooked, and cook foods to safe internal temperatures.
Image Source: twindragonflydesigns.com