Have you packed everything you need for a fun, satisfying trip? Make sure you cover all of the important things during the road-test, walk-around inspection, and what to look for before you take delivery of your new car. Use this checklist to stock your vehicle with everything needed for the road, from bath accessories to kitchen utensils and more.
1. Pack appropriate clothing for the weather and season. Check the weather Apps on your phone and add the major locations you plan to visit. Taking an umbrella along can save you from getting unexpectedly soaked.
2. Be sure to take a first-aid kit in the car and extra fuses, bulbs, water, and motor oil. You should have an emergency car kit with a flashlight, a sharp knife, jumper cables, screwdriver, and duct tape. You also should have emergency numbers to call for help and emergency equipment if needed.
3. Take cell phones and chargers, your laptop computer and/or tablet if you use them. Take chargers for each of these. Remember your camera.
4. When traveling with children, bring their favorite toys and games along. If your vehicle is equipped with a DVD player, bring along a few favorite DVD’s for the kids. Bring energy bars, apples and other snacks, good juice or water to drink and even blankets and pillows.
5. If traveling in your own vehicle, make sure it is properly prepared and all maintenance done. Ensure you have good tires, properly inflated. See that the oil has been changed, the brakes, spark plugs and other essentials checked out by a qualified mechanic. Check coolant, oil, transmission fluid, washer fluid and brake fluid levels as well. Inspect hoses and belts, batteries, blinkers, windshield wipers and A/C and see that all are in good shape
Don’t leave home without them! Before you head out on a cross-country adventure, make sure to review the RV Must-Bring checklist. It lists all the important tools and equipment you’ll need on your next road trip.